How To Bathe in a Finnish Sauna
There is no one right way to take a sauna. Above all you should be in good company, so that you can enjoy the experience in peace. One usually goes to the sauna naked, but you can wear a bathing suit or towel if you feel more comfortable.
Try this first, and once you've tried it out, you can change it to suit your taste:
- Start by taking a shower. This helps to keep the hot room clean.
- Enter the sauna and sit on the upper bench. You may want to use a small towel to sit on.
- Sit back for a few minutes and let the heat permeate your body and open the pores of the skin.
- You may adjust the air moisture by throwing water on the stones of the heater. The steam will make the room feel hotter.
- Step into the changing room to cool down, maybe take another shower, or get into the pool (if available).
- You may go back to the heat a few times, taking your time to relax and enjoy the warmth.
- Finally shower to clean yourself from the sweat.
- Allow yourself to cool and dry properly before dressing up.
Enjoy your sauna !